When the analysis of the current situation is completed, based on the established parameters, the process of business optimization is initiated, through the following activities:
• Defining the optimal organizational structure
• Delegating responsibilities and tasks in the process of defect correction
• Creating a Marketing Plan
• Cooperation with management in the process of planning the operational budget
• Creating an operational budget for 12 months of business
• Implementation of a business control system
Defining the optimal organizational structure
Creation of proposals for an optimal organizational structure that meets the requirements of a hotel of a particular category. Cooperation with the management in the process of adjusting employees to the new organizational structure and in the process of selecting personnel for managerial and new positions.
Cooperation with the management of the procedures for employees
Delegating responsibilities and tasks in the process of defect correction
Cooperation with the management in the preparation of an action plan for the purpose of correcting the identified defects, delegating the responsible persons for the execution of the activity and respecting the given deadlines.
New organization of work of the sales department
Based on the implemented price segments and sales channels, the reorganization of the work of employees in the sales department and the orientation towards dynamic management of prices, offers and packages is carried out.
Cooperation with management in the process of planning the operational budget
The annual budget is important for the hotel management process. Through monthly and quarterly audits, it provides simple business control. The budget with which the employees are familiarized directs them to the realization of the projected business result. Budget planning implies setting goals for revenue realization and strategic cost planning in accordance with projected revenues.
The operational annual budget includes
• Projections of income by type and department at monthly level
• Projections of costs by type and departments at the monthly level
• Projections of the total business result – GOP (Gross operating profit)
Implementation of a business control system
Cooperation with management in the process of developing and implementing a business control system and determining responsible persons for implementing the system. Creation of key business performance reports as an instrument for control and business decision making.
Creating Marketing Plan
The goal of creating a sales and marketing plan is to define the target market and a certain pricing policy based on the analysis of the market and the potential of the hotel product in order to achieve efficient realization of sales and, through the implementation of distribution channels and marketing, to direct the sale to the target market. The marketing plan defines the quality and the positive image in order to provide guests and emphasize the uniqueness and value of the hotel’s offer.
The Marketing Plan defines the following:
• Market analysis
• Competition analysis
• Benchmarking analysis (analysis of similar products)
• Defining target groups and markets
• Defining the optimal concept
• Pricing policy:
– defining prices by categories and type of room,
– defining prices for different seasons and the level of hotel occupancy,
– Defining prices for different categories of guests
– defining prices for different sales channels: agencies, res. systems, tour operators, companies
• Defining promotional packages
• Analyzing and selecting sales and marketing channels and connecting with the hotel.
• Defining the corporate identity of the hotel:
– Working with the designer to create a recognizable visual identity (logo, slogan, promo material)
– Work with a photographer to create high quality photos of the hotel
• Create a web site
• Making a proposal for aesthetic interior finishing
• Development of PR and promotional activities